iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones today. So the iPhone market is a “fertile ground” for hackers, malicious code, viruses always stalking the user’s device. In this article Techmine will guide you how to get rid of virus on the iPhone, iPad.
What is virus?
Before we learn how to prevent viruses on the iPhone, we need to understand the concept of virus.
Virus can be understood as a malicious code that is capable of running and following the intentions of the programmer who has designed it for different purposes such as stealing personal data, interfering with the system of others device when they are using, etc. In many ways this code is attached, in addition to applications, software when users download malicious applications or software on the device they are using then unfortunately activated on the code, this malicious code will work in the device and affect the user’s usage.
How to get rid of virus on iPhone, iPad?
One of the best ways to prevent viruses on your iPhone is to install antivirus software. Currently, on iTunes and the web site of security vendors almost provide full anti-virus software for the iPhone and other iOS devices for use by users to download.
Just like on a PC, these softwares provide security, security to users against potential risks. If possible, users should use paid software, or reliable free software to ensure the safety of their equipment.
Refer to some of the anti-virus software for iOS:
1. Avira Mobile Security
Compatible with devices running iOS 7.0 and above. Avira Mobile Security is an excellent antivirus software that gives users secure Internet access with features such as:
- Scan virus, battery optimizer, data storage.
- Checking, monitoring the email of the user.
- Check your contacts, make sure your contacts are secure.
- Check the operating system to make sure users always use the latest version of iOS.
- Connect with the Avira Answers community, a community of tech questions and answers.
- Locate the user’s device on the map (can be located 5 devices).
- Supports users to find lost or stolen machines, with Yell (shouting) feature to create great sound, along with remote call feature.
2. Norton Mobile Security
Compatible with iOS 6 and above. Norton Mobile Security is an antivirus software that provides powerful and effective security features through:
- Locate the lost device on the map.v
- Automatically saves the location of the device when the battery is low.
- Creates large chirps that help users quickly identify the location of the device.
- Supports backing up the contacts of the user, and can restore the contacts to other devices.
- Control the security of the user’s device through a convenient web site.
3. Avast SecureLine
Compatible with iOS 7.0 and above. Users will be given a 7-day trial. To use full-featured Avast SecureLine, users need to pay $2.99/mo or $19.99/mo.
Avast SecureLine provides security features for internet transactions, and safer web access. Features that Avast SecureLine offers:
- Security, antivirus through VPN (Virtual Private Network).
- Protect your privacy from hackers and data theft.
- Users can connect to any hotspot. At the same time, the user’s connection will be completely anonymous.
4. Lookout Mobile Security
Compatible with iOS 6 and above. More than 60 million people trust and use. Lookout Mobile Security helps protect your device from data loss or theft with the following features:
- Locate lost device from user anywhere, or any device with internet connection.
- Automatically save the location of the device before the battery runs out.
- Automatically back up the user’s contacts.
- Notify the user about new versions of iOS.
In addition, users can upgrade to Premium version for $2.99/month or $29.99/year. With Premium version, users will have more features:
- You can access your images at any time at Lookout’s Web site, these images will be automatically backed up.
- Warning of theft: Users will receive an email about the location of the device when there is evidence of a stolen device.
- Manage multiple devices with just one account.